Free Pattern: Itsy Bitsy Spider Spoolkeep
Trick or Treat?
It's a treat -- a free pattern! Make an instant Halloween Pincushion with our Itsy Bitsy Spider Spoolkeep instructions!
You might find everything you need in your stash, but if not, most of the supplies are available on our website. Look for the ribbon and the chenille stems at your local craft store.
Gather these supplies for Itsy Bitsy Spider Spoolkeep:
- 2 - 12” black chenille stems
- 3 cm black felted wool ball
- 2 - 1 cm black felted wool balls
- 20” - 1/2” orange sheer dotted ribbon
- 2” wooden spool
- Just Pins—any Halloween-theme
- JABC buttons, orange googly eyes x 2, black & white herringbone square and white spike, pack #10539
- Hot glue
- Sewing needle
- Use wire cutters or craft scissors to cut both chenille stems in half. Bend 1/4” at each end of the pieces for feet. Lay two of the pieces side by side and twist twice at the center.
- Bend the joined pieces in half to make a “V”. Bend 1/4” at a right angle at the point of the “V”. Repeat with the second set of chenille stems.
- Apply a small amount of hot glue around the spool hole at the top. Push the small bends into the hole with four legs arranged on each side of the spool. Bend each leg at the knee and point the feet out.
- Apply a small amount of hot glue above the spool hole at the top. Center the 3 cm wool ball on the spool and hold until the glue cools.
- Sew one eye button to each 1 cm wool ball. Pin the eye balls in place referring to the photo. Sew the balls in place.
- Sew the tooth button to the front of the 3 cm ball.
- Cut the ribbon into 2-10” strips. Lay them together and tie a bow. Fluff the bow then sew the houndstooth button to the front center of the bow knot. Apply hot glue to the back of the ribbon knot and attach the bow to the spider at the base of the body on one side.
- Add your favorite handmade Just Pins!
Happy Halloween crafting, sewing and stitching!