Hello Pin Lover’s Club friends! We are so excited to share your first look at the next limited-edition set of Pin Lover’s Club handmade pins! This month’s pin collection is all about red, white, and blue so what better to pair with them than a fun flag Mini-Pinnie? This month’s Mini-Pinnie pattern is a foundation paper piecing pattern. I am a big fan of paper piecing and am so excited to share this pattern with you.
If you are new to foundation paper piecing, you will want to check out my 6 Tips for Better Paper Piecing post for my favorite paper piecing tips!
Star Spangled Pillow Supplies:
- Pin Lover’s Club Pins
- Fabric: (cut these pieces*)
(5) 3 x 3” (for units A-C)
(2) 4¼ x 1½” (for unit D)
(2) 7 x 1½” (for unit E)
(1) 6½ x 5¾” (for backing)
(4) 3 x 3 (for units A-C)
(2) 7 x 1½ (for unit E)
(1) 4¼ x 1½ (for unit D)
- Wool Roving (for stuffing)
*Fabric measurements are generous to ensure success for beginners.
Star Spangled Pillow Instructions:
- Download the Star Spangled Mini-Pinnie PDF and print at 100%
- Use the foundation paper pattern sheet to assemble your flag block. See additional instructions on the pattern download.
- The flag block should measure 6½ x 5¾”. Remove the paper from the backside of your block. Pin the backing rectangle on top of the block (right-sides-together) with the edges lined up.
- Sew all the way around (don’t leave an opening) with a ¼” seam.
- Use our Franken-Stitch Finish technique to turn your pincushion right-side-out. Make a 2″ diagonal slit in the middle of the backing fabric ONLY.
- Turn the pillow right-side-out through the slit.
- Stuff the pillow.
- Whipstitch the slit closed.
- Optional: Add an applique heart to cover your stitches.
- Add your Pin Lover’s Club pins to your new pincushion and enjoy!!!
- Wool Roving (we suggest about 4 oz per pillow)
- Tutorial: Frankenstitch Finish
- 6 Tips for Better Paper Piecing
Not a club member? Click here to join and get this exclusive collection!