We’ve been showcasing patterns from the Splendid Sampler book for several months now on our Words with Buttons projects. I was so thrilled when I spotted this cute appliqué pattern in the book. I knew it was perfect for our fall theme this month! One of the things I love most in fall is getting cozy under a handmade quilt while sipping a cup of warm apple cider. Add in a hayride and bonfire and maybe a s’more (or two) and my fall loving heart is happy! It is those “little things” that make fall so special to me!
“Little Things” Pillow Supplies:
- Button Lover’s Club: Words with Buttons (ACORN Box)
- The Splendid Sampler Book
- Fabric (101 Maple Street by Bunny Hill for Moda shown):Measurements for fabrics are on page 80 of The Splendid Sampler.6½” square (for pillow backing)
- Sew Lazy Dreamy Fusible Fleece (6½” square)
- Wool Roving (for stuffing)
“Little Things” Pillow Instructions:
- Follow the instructions on page 80 of The Splendid Sampler to make the “Little Things” Block by Jacquelynne Steves.
- Iron your block to the 6½” square of Dreamy Fusible Fleece.
- Quilt as desired.
- Lay the 6½” backing square on top of the 6½” block, right sides together and sew all the way around the square.
- Turn the pincushion right-side out using our Franken-Stitch Finish technique. Make a 2½″ diagonal slit in the backing fabric ONLY.
- Turn the pillow right-side-out through the slit.
- Stuff the pillow.
- Whipstitch the slit closed.
- Optional: Add an applique heart to cover your stitches.
- Arrange buttons on your pillow and use our Snug-a-Button technique to attach them to the pillow top.
- 101 Maple Street by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs for Moda Fabrics
- The Splendid Sampler
- Button Block Appliqué Alphabet
- Interfacings by Lazy Girl Designs
- Wool Roving (we suggest about 3 oz per pillow)
- JABC Stitch School
- Tutorial: Frankenstitch Finish
- Tutorial: Snug-A-Button Technique
- Tutorial: Faux Sewn Buttons
- Tutorial: Button Tufting
- Tutorial: How To Button Appliqué
- Tutorial: Poke Corners
- Tutorial: 3D Fabric Applique
Not a club member? Click here to join and get next month’s box!