Button Lover’s Club: “Pincushion Love” Pillow
We could not be more in love with this month’s Button Lover’s Club: Words with Buttons. If you were able to join us yesterday for our Facebook Live, you got a first look at the projects we made this month with the Cheer box. We had so much fun creating with this fabric collection and button box, we couldn’t stop at just 3 projects! This month we have 5 days of projects to share with you, all with free instructions sheets.
Although we are featuring a Christmas themed fabric collection, we wanted to included non-Christmas projects that make use of this versatile collection. The first is this mini pillow featuring an appliqué pattern from The Splendid Sampler.
“Pincushion Love” Pillow Supplies:
- Button Lover’s Club: Words with Buttons (Cheer Box)
- The Splendid Sampler Book
- Fabric (Christmas Figs by Fig Tree & Co. for Moda shown):
Measurements for fabrics are on page 71 of The Splendid Sampler.
- A— white tone on tone
- B— white tone on tone
- Red print for tomato pincushion
- Red print for strawberry
- Light green print for leaves
- 6.5” square (for pillow backing)
- Sew Lazy Dreamy Fusible Fleece (6.5″ square)
- Embroidery floss
- Wool Roving (for stuffing)
“Pincushion Love” Pillow Instructions:
- Follow the instructions on page 71 of The Splendid Sampler to make the “Pincushion Love” Block by Pat Sloan.
- Iron your block to the 6.5″ square of Dreamy Fusible Fleece.
- Quilt as desired.
- Lay the 6.5″ backing square on top of the 6.5″ block, right sides together and sew all the way around the square.
- Turn the pincushion right-side out using our Franken-Stitch Finish technique.
- Stuff the pillow.
- Whipstitch the slit closed.
- Optional: Add an applique heart to cover your stitches.
- Arrange buttons on your pillow and use our Snug-a-Button technique to attach them to the pillow top.
- Facebook Live Cheer Projects Reveal
- Christmas Figs by Fig Tree & Co for Moda
- The Splendid Sampler (note, this is book ONE)
- Wool Roving (we suggest about 3 oz per pillow)
- Sew Lazy Dreamy Fusible Fleece
- Tutorial: Frankenstitch Finish
- Tutorial: Snug-A-Button