We could not be more in love with this month’s Button Lover’s Club: Words with Buttons. If you were able to join us yesterday for our Facebook Live, you got a first look at the projects we made this month with the Cheer box. We had so much fun creating with this fabric collection and button box, we couldn’t stop at just 3 projects! This month we have 5 days of projects to share with you, all with free instructions sheets. [Read more…]
This photo was a little teaser we shared online this morning as we were getting ready for our Button Lover’s Club: Words with Buttons Cheer box reveal. It probably seemed like a terrible tease, but we simply could not share any more without giving too much away. That is because every square inch of each project, in our humble opinion, was so good! We were so glad when it was finally time to go live because keeping these projects secret had us about to burst!
Happy July Button Lover’s Club friends! Are you ready for a sneak peek at what what we have planned for your July Words with Buttons club box?
Watch below as Rachel shares the featured fabric and theme for the July Button Lover’s Club: Words with Buttons projects!
Hmm… sounds a little like Christmas in July! Maybe! But we may also have a few surprises up our sleeves! (wink)
Club Dates to remember:
- July 16th: Projects and button box contents will be revealed LIVE on our Facebook page. If you can’t join us live, you can watch the replay on our page or here on our blog on the 17th.
- July 17th: Project instruction sheets will be posted here on the blog daily starting July 17th.
- July 20th: Button Lover’s Club boxes ship! This is the last day you can sign up to get this month’s box.
Don’t forget to join our Button Lover’s Club Facebook group where we share sneak peeks and other extras!
Not a member and want to join in the fun? There is still time to sign up and receive this month’s box! Visit our shop for all the details: Button Lover’s Club: Words with Buttons
Happy Friday friends! Welcome to week 6 of the Friendship Quilt Along. Today we are sharing the Warm block!
We are so excited that the Friendship Quilt from the quilt along has a coordinating JABC button pack. This week I added a button from the coordinating button pack to the middle of my Warm block and it inspired me to share JABC’s best tips for sewing buttons on a quilt. Read on to improve your button-sewing skills!
Tips for Sewing Buttons to a Quilt
Fashion experts say that every closet should have a “little back dress”. We think the crafty equivalent of the “little black dress” is a simple versatile appliqué alphabet pattern. We are using the Button Block Appliqué Alphabet by Tammy Tutterow each month in our Words with Buttons projects. We think this is the perfect “little black dress” alphabet! It was designed specifically to work with bite sized projects and its chunky shape makes a perfect base for layers of our hand-dyed buttons!
Button Monogram Pillow Supplies:
- Button Lover’s Club: Words with Buttons (Nest Box)
- Button Block Pattern by Tammy Tutterow Designs
- Fabric (Nest by Lella Boutique for Moda shown):
- 4″ coral square (for letter)
- 5.5″ grey square (for background)
- (2) 2″ x 5.5″ peach print rectangles (for border)
- (2) 2″ x 8″ peach print rectangles (for border)
- 8” square (for backing)
- Sew Lazy Dreamy Fusible Fleece (8″ square)
- Sew Lazy Fusi-bond Lite
- Wool Roving (for stuffing)
Button Monogram Pillow Instructions:
- Trace the letter of your choice from the Button Block Pattern onto Fusi-bond Lite. You will want your letter reversed.
- Following the package directions on the Fusi-bond Lite, iron the traced letter onto the wrong side of the 4″ coral square.
- Cut out the letter on the inside of the traced line.
- Center the appliqué letter on the grey 5.5″ background square. Fuse in place.
- Appliqué the letter to the background. We used a straight, machine stitch close to the edge of the shape.
- Sew the two short border pieces (2″ x 5.5″) to the sides of the background square, with a 1/4” seam allowance. Press your seams toward the grey.
- Then sew the longer border pieces (2″ x 8″) to the top and bottom. Press your seams toward the grey.
- Press the block and trim to 8″ square.
- Fuse block to an 8″ square of Dreamy Fusible Fleece.
- Quilt as desired.
- Lay the 8″ backing square on top of the 8″ block, right sides together and sew all the way around the square.
- Make a 3″ diagonal slit in the middle of the backing fabric ONLY.
- Turn the pillow right-side-out through the slit.
- Stuff the pillow.
- Whipstitch the slit closed.
- Optional: Add an appliqué heart to cover your stitches.
- Sew buttons to the cover the letter. (See our “Applique with Buttons” post for tips on adding buttons to your letter.)
- Facebook Live Nest Project Reveal (includes tips for Button Appliqué)
- Video: How to Appliqué with Buttons